We elect them to represent Us, We The People, in our Government.
We EXPECT them to:
1. Understand that THEY WORK FOR US alone;
2. Protect and Defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of our State;
4. Follow ALL the Laws - EQUALLY as they apply to us,
5. Keep government as small as possible;
6. Use private enterprise, in preference to government agencies, wherever possible if it can provide at least equal value,
7. Maintain a sound fiscal Policy;
8. Guard and Defend ALL of our God-given RIGHTS & our FREEDOMS;
9. Guard and Defend, at ALL times, our State and personal Sovereignties, particularly against the Federal Government,
and remember that the STATES created the Federal Government, Limited to ONLY 18 Specifically Designated Powers,
to SERVE the common NATIONAL needs of ALL the States and The People;
10. Remember that the Federal Government is the SERVANT of its MASTERS - the States and The People
(The Servant can NOT mandate to its Master - it can ONLY do what its Master has empowered it to do.);
11. Represent OUR interest, as Citizens, in the areas where we live;
12. Maintain high standards in their personal lives so we can give them DESERVED Respect;
13. Strive at all times to offer Equal Opportunity to ALL our Citizens;
14. Keep us Timely INFORMED of everything happening in their area of RESPONSIBILITY, which includes:
A. Keeping us INFORMED of all Bills or Laws as they happen or are being formed,
B. Telling us what they understand WE want concerning each issue,
C. Telling us HOW each Bill or Law will affect us and our lives - all the Pros & all the Cons,
D. HOW they expect to Vote on each issue and WHY,
E. Telling us how OTHER elected officials are inclined to vote (Who, Where & particularly WHY),
F. How they ACTUALLY Voted on EVERY issue, and
G. Telling us WHY they Voted as they did.
We do NOT expect them to:
1. Ever Lie, Omit or Mis-represent FACTS;
2. Obfuscate or hide ANYTHING relevant to their jobs;
3. Use their job or position to gain ANYTHING, other than the Salary we agree to pay them, the Respect they deserve for
following OUR EXPECTATIONS of them and the benefits we ALL derive from our Constitutional Republic;
4. Vote for any fiscal policy that imposes debt upon future generations;
5. Vote for or influence the establishment of any govt. agency or any expenditure that is not actually needed and affordable;
6. To allow government to be used whenever the Value to our Society can be at least equally filled by Private Enterprise;
7. Vote for, or even agree with, anything that interprets the Constitution, or any other government generated document,
in any way other than the ORIGINAL INTENT of its Framers;
8. To vote for ANY un-constitutional Bills or Laws - EVER;
9. To vote for ANYTHING that reduces ANY of our GOD-given Rights & Freedoms - EVER;
10. To vote or influence anything that does not offer Equal Opportunity to ALL our Citizens;
11. To vote in favor of Special Interests if they do not bring MORE benefit or LESS cost to ALL Citizens.
Represent DeKalb County, and particularly Senate District 40, with Integrity, Honesty, and Transparency.
Promote Local and Parental Control of schools.
Protect and defend the Freedoms of Georgia.
Fight for a Fiscally Sound state plan every year.
Honor 100% of the Constitution & Republican Values, 100% of the time.
All Elected Officials have a Duty to vote for the 'Benefit & General Welfare' of ALL the citizens
(this means NO entitlements, NO special treatment for anybody and keeping their Electorate Informed).
Fight for TERM LIMITS - We do NOT want "Career Politicans" .
We want Representatives that will unfailingly SERVE us and our country for a short time and then return to their personal lives,
just as the Founding Fathers envisioned.
To preserve the Integrity and Ethics of office, it is sugggested that candidates:
Not accept Donations from Big Business, Lawyer Associations or Special Interests that have any 'strings attached'.
Tell all Donors: "There can't be any 'strings attached'.as I will only Vote for Constitutional Issues that we actually need and can afford."
Communicate with constituent voters every year, all during the year - not just during election years.
Post Issues online, including a means for constituents to voice & post their opinions. Post all office expenditures on a weekly basis.
Hold frequent open "town-hall" meetings - at least 1, preferably 2, per month, alternating between night & daytime meetings.
Post every Vote made on their website, also distribute this information on Facebook and other media, and include:
(1) The Bill itself (summary & text) (2) Who sponsored & supported the Bill (3) Who GAINS, Who LOSES & Who PAYS
(4) How YOU & others voted (5) Why you Voted as you did (6) Constitutional Authority (Where is it Authorized?)